AppDynamics for Databases helps enterprises troubleshoot and tune database performance problems. It offers unmatched insight and visibility into how SQL and stored procedures execute within databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL and PosgreSQL.
- Visualize end-to-end application performance, from the browser to the database
- Get alerts when database thresholds are violated
- Monitor key performance metrics like top users, programs, SQL, objects and more.
- See execution plans for slow SQL to isolate performance bottlenecks
AppDynamics for Databases addresses the challenges that application support teams such as Developers and Operations face in trying to identify the cause of application performance issues that relate to DB2 query performance. As many as 50% of application problems are the result of slow SQL calls and stored procedures invoked by applications—yet until now, DB2 databases have been a “black box” for application support teams.
Giving customers critical visibility and troubleshooting capability into the cause of DB2 query performance tuning problems makes AppDynamics absolutely unique in the APM space. Application support teams constantly wrestle with database performance problems in attempting to ensure uptime and availability of their mission-critical applications, but they usually lack the visibility they need to resolve problems. AppDynamics has equipped them with a valuable new solution for ensuring application performance, and it will enable them to collaborate with their Database Administrator colleagues even more closely than before.
AppDynamics has applied its “secret sauce” from troubleshooting Java and .NET application servers to databases, allowing enterprises to pinpoint slow user transactions and identify the root cause of SQL and stored procedure queries. AppDynamics for Databases also offers universal database diagnostics covering Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL, and MySQL database platforms.
AppDynamics Pro for Databases includes the following features:
- Production Ready: Less than 1% overhead in most production environments.
- Application to Database drill-down: Ability to troubleshoot business transaction latency from the application right into the database and storage tiers.
- SQL explain/execution plans: Allows developers and database administrators to pinpoint inefficient operations and logic, as well as diagnose why queries are running slowly. This helps greatly with query performance tuning.
- Historical analysis: Monitors and records database activity 24/7 to allow users to analyze performance slowdowns in the database tier.
- Top database wait states: Provides insights and visibility into database wait and CPU states to help users understand database resource contention and usage.
- Storage visibility for NetApp: Provides the ability to correlate database performance with performance on NetApp storage.
More About Database Monitoring with AppDynamics
Problems Solved with Database Monitoring
- Slow database response time
- Database load issues
- Unpredictable performance spikes
- Locking problems
- Internal database contention
Supported Database Platforms
- SQL Server
- Sybase ASE
Get Started with AppDynamics for Databases
It’s free to try AppDynamics for Databases.
Want to monitor your application instead? Get a free trial of AppDynamics Pro, our fully featured application performance management solution, right from our website!