AppDynamics for PHP allows you to get to the bottom of performance bottlenecks in all PHP applications. With AppDynamics’ PHP monitoring solution, you can find out all call stack traces in a live production environment to quickly detect performance bottlenecks in mission-critical PHP application.
Visualize application performance in real time
With AppDynamics you can automatically detect your application architecture, application servers, remote web service as well as database calls. AppDynamics displays your architecture in the Application Flowmap, revealing the bottlenecks in your production application.
Comprehend performance the way your end users do
AppDynamics baselines your traffic into Business Transactions, unlike other PHP management solutions, bucketing and revealing how end users are affected when performance degrades. Drill down into Business Transaction and obtain associated call stack traces to identify root cause.
Trend PHP performance over time
AppDynamics’ powerful analytics engine helps understand various application performance trends and creates intuitive dashboards.
Drill down into the complete call stack
AppDynamics, unlike other PHP monitoring tools, gathers entire call stack trace for slow stalls and transactions. Performance bottlenecks also can be detected in just a matter of seconds (instead of hours) with Appdynamics.
Use performance baselines for intelligent alerting
Most PHP management tools often have alerting capabilities, but their global, static thresholds usually result in alert storms or missed developing problem in the application. With intelligent baselines, AppDynamics that ensure you never receive an unnecessary alert again. You can set up alerts on irregular performance, infrastructure or application metric for or a particular Business Transaction.
See the impact of new code releases
Appdynamics allows you to compare the performance of your applications prior to and after release of a code to know how if the new code had an impact on performance.
Key Features of PHP Monitoring
- For Business Transactions: Appdynamics offers automatic detection, good response time, calls per minute, and detects slow, very slow, and stalls
- For Code-level Diagnostics: Appdynamics offers diagnostic sessions revealing complete code execution, policy-based collection available
- For SQL Statement Visibility: Appdynamics offes PDO statements & prep statements, and removes sensitive data
- Detects Errors: Including transaction errors, backend errors
- Offers Real User Monitoring: Appdynamics allows browser diagnostics that is correlated with code-level diagnostics
- Allows Change Detection: Appdynamics records application change events
- Application Flow Map: Helps visualize the various dependencies of your application
- Real-Time Analytics: Appdynsmaics offers automatic scoring and baselining of application and transaction performance
Supported Environments for PHP Monitoring
The supported PHP Versions include 5.3, 5.4
- nginx 1.2.x running FastCGI using php-fpm
- Apache 2.2 (in prefork mode as well as in worker MPM running FastCGI using php-fpm)
- RHEL/CentOS 5.8+
- Ubuntu/Debian 12+
- Drupal 7 utilizing Drupal entry point type
- Symfony 1 & 2 using PHP MVC entry point type
- Magento 1.5, 1.6 & 1.7 using PHP MVC entry point type
- WordPress 3.4 & 3.5 utlizing Wordpress entry point type
- HTTP using PHP Web entry point type
- Zend 1 & 2 using PHP MVC entry point type
- PHP MVC: module:controller:action
- Drupal: page callback name
- Wordpress: template name
- PHP Web: URL
HTTP Exit Points
DB Exit Points
- mysql old native driver
Cache Exit Points
Opcode Cache Compatibiity
- Alternative PHP Cache (APC)
Learn More About Monitoring PHP with AppDynamics
Appdynamics simplifies the monitoring of WordPress, Drupal and other PHP applications.
To learn more get a free trial of AppDynamics for PHP.