AppDynamics is a production-ready alternative to free .NET profilers. With AppDynamics, you can quickly find root cause for application performance issues like slow SQL and slow web service calls, all without affecting the performance of the production environment.
Automatic Application Discovery
AppDynamics automatically detects and maps your application architecture, with no manual configuration required. As load flows through your application, AppDynamics shows you where the latency lies in your application topology, allowing you to get a sense of what database call or web service call is responsible for poor performance.
Business Transaction Monitoring
Unlike most free .NET profilers, AppDynamics helps you understand your application through your end users’ eyes. Business Transactions are essentially types of user requests. By categorizing all traffic into Business Transactions, you can see how long it takes for specific actions to be performed, such as Log In and Check Out. Business Transaction monitoring and alerting help you find, prioritize, and fix application performance bottlenecks before they impact your end users.
With AppDynamics, you can now set up alerts based on application, infrastructure and Business Transaction metrics. By setting alerts based on Business Transaction performance (instead of the average performance of the entire application), you can get rid of unnecessary alerts and alert storms. Most free .NET profilers and monitoring tools use universal static thresholds for alerting, which often trigger alert storms and occasionally miss developing problems.
“We've successfully used AppDynamics for the last year to get visibility into our Java applications at a level that we have not seen before," said Jim Wyatt, Systems Architect at Pearson eCollege. "With AppDynamics' support for .NET, we can now trace transactions that span our Java and .NET application tiers. We've tried other tools to watch our applications, but AppDynamics is the first one that enables eCollege to monitor transaction performance across technology stacks with business context. These capabilities have been key for us to respond to new demands on our application."
The AppDynamics Difference
- Freemium model: Disrupt the market with a one-of-a-kind free .NET performance troubleshooting tool available to all .NET IT Professionals.
- Cloud Ready: Plug-and-play performance monitoring for Microsoft Azure cloud apps.
- Software-as-a-Service: AppDynamics Pro edition for .NET and Java is available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premise deployment options.
- Support for Modern .NET architectures: AppDynamics Pro provides unmatched visibility and troubleshooting capabilities for modern .NET application architectures that are distributed, componentized, and agile. It also includes support for hybrid .NET/Java environments.
- Transparent and Affordable Pricing: AppDynamics’ .NET pricing is publicly available on AppDynamics.com and is less than half the price of legacy APM solutions.