AppDynamics provides support for monitoring .NET Framework 2.0+ and associated Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) versions as well as Windows Azure. This includes full framework and protocol support to give you maximum visibility of your .NET application.
- Identify Business transactions
- Monitor Response time
- Find Slow SQL, hot spots, bad code
- Get full call-stack traces
- Easy to use
- Running in minutes
Monitor your Application Topology
AppDynamics auto-discovers and maps the application tiers in your .NET environment, giving you a breakdown of where response time is spent in your application. This means you see a high level view of what your application looks like with respect to application tiers like LDAP, 3rd party web services, databases, NoSQL data stores, caches and Message Buses.
Monitor Your Business Transactions
Rather than see raw URL or service requests in your application, AppDynamics is able to classify these entities with business context so you can understand the business activity which flows through your application and IIS server. This monitoring perspective allows you to track response time, Service levels and throughput of your business transactions, as well as drill down to their code execution.
Find Bottlenecks in Your Application Code
When you identify a slow application request or business transaction you can drill down to see individual executions known as snapshots. In a single click, you can view the full code execution call stack of a business transaction and pin-point the associated latency across every class, method and interface that was invoked. Meaning you get full visibility of where time was spent in the IIS server and code to help you resolve any bottlenecks.
AppDynamics' .NET performance management includes:
- Freemium model: Disrupt the market with a one-of-a-kind free .NET performance troubleshooting tool available to all .NET IT Professionals.
- Cloud Ready: Plug-and-play performance monitoring for Microsoft Azure cloud apps.
- Software-as-a-Service: AppDynamics Pro edition for .NET and Java is available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premise deployment options.
- Support for Modern .NET architectures: AppDynamics Pro provides unmatched visibility and troubleshooting capabilities for modern .NET application architectures that are distributed, componentized, and agile. It also includes support for hybrid .NET/Java environments.
- Transparent and Affordable Pricing: AppDynamics’ .NET pricing is publicly available and is less than half the price of legacy APM solutions.
"With AppDynamics' support for .NET, we can now trace transactions that span our Java and .NET application tiers. We've tried other tools to watch our applications, but AppDynamics is the first one that enables eCollege to monitor transaction performance across technology stacks with business context. These capabilities have been key for us to respond to new demands on our application."
- Jim Wyatt, Systems Architect at Pearson eCollege.
Supported .NET Versions:
- .NET Framework 2.0
- ASP .NET MVC 2 and 3