Mysterious memory consumption can cause tremendous problems in production .NET applications—especially when settings are used that cause performance issues. AppDynamics can help you troubleshoot and identify .NET memory leaks, OutOfMemory exceptions and other memory-related issues, even in a high-volume production environment.
Key Benefits with for .NET Profiling:
- Identify Business Transactions
- Monitor response time
- Find slow SQL, hot spots, and bad code
- Get full call stack traces
Why Use AppDynamics Lite for .NET Profiling?
- Easy to use
- Running in minutes
Automatic Application Discovery
AppDynamics automatically detects and maps your application architecture, with no manual configuration required. As load flows through your application, AppDynamics shows you where the latency lies in your application topology, allowing you to get a sense of what database call or web service call is responsible for poor performance.
Business Transaction Monitoring
Unlike most free .NET profilers, AppDynamics helps you understand your application through your end users’ eyes. Business Transactions are essentially types of user requests. By categorizing all traffic into Business Transactions, you can see how long it takes for specific actions to be performed, such as Log In and Check Out. Business Transaction monitoring and alerting help you find, prioritize, and fix application performance bottlenecks before they impact your end users.
With AppDynamics, you can now set up alerts based on application, infrastructure and Business Transaction metrics. By setting alerts based on Business Transaction performance (instead of the average performance of the entire application), you can get rid of unnecessary alerts and alert storms. Most free .NET profilers and monitoring tools use universal static thresholds for alerting, which often trigger alert storms and occasionally miss developing problems.
Covis Case Study
Even in a large, distributed .NET environment with over 200,000 transactions an hour, Covis has gained the ability to identify root cause within 5-10 minutes. Read the case study.
Get Started with AppDynamics Free .NET Profiler:
Need unlimited business transactions? Performance baselining? Monitoring for a distributed environment? Get started with a free trial of AppDynamics today!
The AppDynamics Difference
- Freemium model: Disrupt the market with a one-of-a-kind free .NET performance troubleshooting tool available to all .NET IT Professionals.
- Cloud Ready: Plug-and-play performance monitoring for Microsoft Azure cloud apps.
- Software-as-a-Service: AppDynamics Pro edition for .NET and Java is available as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premise deployment options.
- Support for Modern .NET architectures: AppDynamics Pro provides unmatched visibility and troubleshooting capabilities for modern .NET application architectures that are distributed, componentized, and agile. It also includes support for hybrid .NET/Java environments.
- Transparent and Affordable Pricing: AppDynamics’ .NET pricing is publicly available on AppDynamics.com and is less than half the price of legacy APM solutions.
Platform Support for .NET Profiling
Supported .NET Versions:
- .NET Framework 2.0
- ASP .NET MVC 2 and 3
Supported IIS Versions:
- Microsoft IIS 6.0
- Microsoft IIS Express 7.x
- Visual Studio™ development server (Cassini)
Supported Versions of Windows operating systems in both 32- and 64-bit:
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 2008 R2, Windows 7