Tuning your code for any language is highly important be it interpreted languages like PHP. Though PHP is a bit slower than compiled languages, it is the foundation for many popular applications.. Even in hybrid environments, real time profiling PHP nodes play an important role in managing overall application performance.
Most often developers work for days and weeks together on a performance optimization project but couldn't achieve even the slightest improvement in application performance. Hence, visibility is highly important to know where to begin.
For effective and efficient performance optimization , it’s important to have a PHP profiler that monitors your production environment. This helps you to figure out the impact that your optimization efforts had on your end users.
AppDynamics for PHP performs real time PHP code profiling, discover bottlenecks and go down to the method and class level to detect the root cause.
Easy to install and use
AppDynamics does PHP tuning easily. It discovers and maps your PHP application automatically and initiates baselining performance for each Business Transaction. This helps you to find the bottleneck in your application easily and begin troubleshooting swiftly once the performance starts to degrade.
Drill down to code-level detail
Compared to other PHP performance tools, AppDynamics has the most absolute call stack traces. This helps to detect a poor-performing transaction quickly, go down within the call stack trace, and detect the code line accountable for the latency.
No more alert storms
Most monitoring tools depend on static, global thresholds to send alerts. This leads to alert storms or missed problems. But AppDynamics sets alerts based on Business Transaction performance. Hence, it alerts only when something is actually wrong.
More About PHP Monitoring
For more information, sign up for AppDynamics for PHP free trial .
Key Features of PHP Monitoring
- Business Transactions: It includes automatic detection, calls per minute, response time, slow, very slow, stalls
- SQL Statement Visibility: prep statements & PDO statements, remove sensitive data
- Application Flow Map: It visualize all dependencies of your application
- Errors: It includes transaction errors, backend errors and so on
- Code-level Diagnostics: It involves sessions of diagnostic that reveal full code execution, policy-based collection
- Real User Monitoring: Code-level diagnostics matched with browser diagnostics
- Change Detection: Record application change events
- Real-Time Analytics: Scoring and baselining and of application and transaction performance automatically
Supported Environments for PHP Monitoring
- nginx 1.2.x running FastCGI using php-fpm
- Apache 2.2 in worker MPM o FastCGI using php-fpm
- Apache 2.2 in prefork mode
- RHEL/CentOS 5.8+
- Ubuntu/Debian 12+
- HTTP -PHP Web entry point type
- (1.5, 1.6 & 1.7 )Magento and Zend 1 & 2 and Symfony 1 & 2 - PHP MVC entry point type
- (3.4 & 3.5) WordPress -Wordpress entry point type
- Drupal 7 - Drupal entry point type
- Drupal: page callback name
- PHP MVC: module:controller:action
- Wordpress: template name
- PHP Web: URL
HTTP Exit Points
DB Exit Points
- mysql old native driver
Cache Exit Points
Opcode Cache Compatibiity
- Alternative PHP Cache (APC)