Tuning SQL has never been easier with AppDynamics for Databases. Now you can access highly granular SQL performance management data in your production environment, allowing you to respond rapidly to new issues as they arise and to proactively solve problems before they affect your end users. In addition, unlike other SQL performance monitoring tools, AppDynamics for Databases is designed with a holistic application view in mind, allowing both DBAs and application teams to quickly identify performance issues between the application and the database tiers.
- Easy to install and use for both DBA and app teams
- <1% overhead in production
- Integrated with AppDynamics’ APM product
Easy to use
Optimizing SQL has never been easier. With AppDynamics for Databases, both application teams and DBAs can quickly identify and troubleshoot long-running SQL queries in a matter of seconds.
AppDynamics for Databases is designed to run in high-volume production environments with less than 1% overhead on your application.
Monitor all database platforms from a single pane-of-glass view, and jump back and forth between application monitoring and database monitoring in a single click.
Designed for Operations and Development Teams
AppDynamics for Databases addresses the challenges that application support teams such as Developers and Operations face in trying to identify the cause of application performance issues that relate to database performance. As many as 50% of application problems are the result of slow SQL calls and stored procedures invoked by applications—yet until now, databases have been a “black box” for application support teams.
AppDynamics Pro for Databases includes the following features:
- Production Ready: Less than 1% overhead in most production environments.
- Application to Database drill-down: Ability to troubleshoot business transaction latency from the application right into the database and storage tiers.
- SQL explain/execution plans: Allows developers and database administrators to pinpoint inefficient operations and logic, as well as diagnose why queries are running slowly.
- Historical analysis: Monitors and records database activity 24/7 to allow users to analyze performance slowdowns in the database tier.
- Top database wait states: Provides insights and visibility into database wait and CPU states to help users understand database resource contention and usage.
- Storage visibility for NetApp: Provides the ability to correlate database performance with performance on NetApp storage.
Supported Database Platforms
- IBM DB2
- SQL Server
- Sybase ASE
Getting Started with AppDynamics for Databases
AppDynamics for Databases is free to try. Get your free trial today.