SAN FRANCISCO, CA – January 31, 2012 – AppDynamics, the leading Java/.NET application performance management (APM) solution, today announced that it achieved over 400% growth in 2011, surpassing its bookings projections and achieving tremendous scale as it now monitors thousands of enterprise deployments all over the world.
In 2011, organizations with mission-critical applications selected AppDynamics to improve the way they monitor and troubleshoot their production applications, including AMICA Insurance, Hotels.com, StubHub, DSW, Staples, Insight Technologies, Abercrombie & Fitch, Intuit, Manpower, Mondial, Time Warner Cable, UPS Airlines, Canadian Pacific Railway, Union Pacific, Fender, University of North Carolina, Cornell University, Vanderbilt University, and the Mayo Clinic.
Special milestones from 2011 include:
- Surpassed 60,000 users of AppDynamics Lite, its free application performance troubleshooting solution
- Achieved over 35% of its business from international customers, including customers from 21 countries on 5 continents
- Added Sales & Service locations in United Kingdom and Europe
- Scored greater than 73 on its customer Net Promoter Score survey, putting the company on par with Apple and Google in terms of customer enthusiasm for its solution
- Selected by BMC for APM co-selling agreement
- New strategic partnerships with Rightscale, Datastax, and SOASTA
- Recognized by leading industry analyst firm as an “APM Innovator” and by ChannelWeb as one of the Top Cloud & Software Vendors of 2011
- Raised Series C funding of $20 million led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Added Dev Ittycheria, former CEO of Bladelogic, to AppDynamics board of directors
AppDynamics also completed four innovative product releases offering capabilities unmatched in theapplication performance monitoring and management space:
- First APM solution to offer Business Transaction monitoring, Behavioral learning, analytics and deep diagnostics in an all-in-one solution for both Java and .NET
- First APM solution to market with support for new Big Data/NoSQL technologies such as Apache Cassandra and MongoDB
- First .NET APM solution to monitor applications deployed within PaaS environments such as Windows Azure
- First free Java Performance Solution (AppDynamics Lite) designed for production monitoring that also includes JMX monitoring and Custom Alerts/Dashboards
“AppDynamics’ rapid customer acquisition is a strong testament to how the needs of application performance monitoring (APM) buyers have changed to reflect the challenges present in highly distributed and agile applications environments,” said Jyoti Bansal, Founder & CEO of AppDynamics. “We’ve made our software easy to use, affordable, and able to provide both visibility and code-level troubleshooting capability for the IT operations and development teams overseeing complex production environments. Add that to our ability to perform cloud monitoring in regards to massive public cloud deployments, and you have a solution for an extraordinarily large group of underserved people. We’re looking forward to expanding our market footprint and reinforcing our position as the emerging leader in the application performance management industry.”
AppDynamics is the leading provider of Software-as-Service (SaaS) and on-premise application performance management for modern application architectures in both the cloud and the data center. The company delivers solutions for highly distributed and agile environments, helping companies such as Priceline, TiVo, AMICA Insurance, Hotels.com, StubHub, DSW, Staples, Insight Technologies, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Cornell University monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and scale their production applications. Over 60,000 people have downloaded AppDynamics Lite, the company’s free java troubleshooting solution, and the company was recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Operations Management. Visit our blog or follow us on Twitter.