When we welcomed Perspica into the AppDynamics family in 2017, I knew we were going to change the application performance monitoring industry in a big way. And that’s why today is so important for us.
Earlier this morning, we launched Cognition Engine – the next evolution of application performance monitoring that will give customers new levels of insight for a competitive edge in today’s digital-first economy.
When our customers told us that they would spend hours – sometimes days and weeks – to identify the root cause of performance issues, we knew we needed to bring a product to market that would alleviate this pain. And with Cognition Engine, that’s precisely the goal.
You can think of Cognition Engine as a culmination of the best features we’ve brought to market in the past — coupled with new and cutting-edge diagnostic capabilities leveraging the latest in AI/ML technology made possible by our Perspica acquisition. Now, IT teams no longer have to chase symptoms to find the root cause because the top suspects are automatically surfaced.
This level of insight from Cognition completely changes the game for IT, freeing them of tedious tasks and empowering them to focus on projects that will have great business impact. Below are some of Cognition Engine’s core benefits and features:
Avoid Customer-Impacting Performance Issues with Anomaly Detection
Cognition Engine ingests, processes, and analyzes millions of records per second, automatically understanding how metrics correlate, and detecting problems within minutes – giving IT a head start on fixing the problem before it impacts customers.
- Using ML models, Anomaly Detection automatically evaluates healthy behavior for your application so that you don’t have to manually configure health rules.
- Get alerts for key Business Transactions to deliver swift diagnostics, root-cause analysis, and remediation down to the line of code, function, thread, or database causing problems.
- Cognition evaluates data in real-time as it enters the system using streaming analytics technology, allowing teams to analyze metrics and their associated behaviors to evaluate the health of the entire Business Transaction.
Achieve Fastest MTTR with Automated Root Cause Analysis
Cognition Engine automatically isolates metrics that deviate from normal behavior and presents the top suspects of root cause for any application issue – drastically reducing time spent on identifying root cause of performance issues.
- Reduce MTTR from minutes to seconds by automating the knowledge of exactly where and when to initiate a performance fix.
- Understand the contextual insights about application and business health, predict performance deviations, and get alerts before serious customer impact.
- Self-learning agents take full snapshots of performance anomalies—including code, database calls, and infrastructure metrics—making it easy to determine root-cause.
What Cognition Engine Means for the Enterprise
Cognition Engine ultimately empowers enterprises to embrace an AIOps mindset – valuing proaction over reaction, answers over investigation and, most importantly, never losing focus on customer experience or business performance.
Learn more about Cognition Engine now.