The future is not optional. Today, digital experiences move fast — and so do your customers. You’ve got just seconds to delight them and deliver value, or risk losing them forever.
That’s why it’s not surprising that IT leaders are increasingly preoccupied with just one thing in 2020: Delivering world-class customer experiences reliably, in real-time, and at scale.
But that’s no easy feat.
Application environments are more complex than ever before, and what’s more, usually powered by legacy technology, like mainframes and data centers. Try to modernize your environment, and you might find that legacy mindsets also make transformation exponentially challenging. This level of complexity can be a massive obstacle — both to success today, and managing change tomorrow.
It takes considerable courage for a leader to overcome these odds while also challenging the status quo — especially in increasingly complex application environments. That’s why we feel there’s never been a better time to celebrate the leaders who are blazing a trail forward.
The list you’re about to see consists of 25 leaders who aren’t afraid to do IT differently. They aren’t afraid to leverage emerging technologies to quickly deliver world-class customer experiences and solve complex business problems. These are passionate operators who are fearless in pursuit of flawless application performance because they know that, ultimately, it’s that attitude that will drive growth in this shifting landscape.
Here are some of the unsung IT heroes we think you should be watching in 2020:
- Nemo Hajiyusuf, Software Engineering Manager at Alaska Airlines
- Anuj Dhanda, Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer at Albertsons
- Sandeep Raikar, Director, IT Infrastructure at Cepheid
- Ravi Kakarla, Senior Manager, Application Development at CVS Caremark
- Anne Buechlmeir, Service Manager, Real-Time Collaboration at Amadeus IT Group
- Ron Teeter, Chief Architect at Jobvite
- David Wilson, Senior Director of Infrastructure and Architecture at Paychex
- Simon Pearce, Chief Information Officer at Spirit of Tasmania
- Torben Frølund, Senior Manager, DevOps at Telenor
- Alison Cox, Head of Application Services at Close Brothers
- Jesse Haraldson, Principal Software Architect at Thomson Reuters
- Steve Whitfield, Director, Site Reliability Engineering at lululemon
- Sean Ivusic, Lead Database Administrator at the National Institutes of Health
- Jason Anguiano, Director, Systems and Software at DISH Network Corporation
- Mary Lauber, RTR IT Lead at 3M Company
- Rashidat Kassim, IT Consultant at Estée Lauder
- Sajith Ravindranath, VP, Technology Innovation & Transformation at Synchrony Financial
- Brandon Preece, IT Director, Enterprise Services at Sorenson Communications
- Brian Rupnick, Leader, Cloud Services and Advanced Technologies at MVP Health Care
- Chuck Willis, Director, Business Applications Development at University of Kansas Health System
- David Cox, Quality Architect at Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Hassan (Yousef) Sanad, IT Application Manager at EBE Bank
- Chris Han, IT Manager, Agile Center of Excellence at Keysight Technologies
- Fabian Tay, Vice President, Project Management, Enterprise Architecture SRE at DBS Bank
- Gregg Slimski, Senior Enterprise Architect at CSL Behring
It goes without saying: this is a far-from-exhaustive list. Technologists all over the world are doing amazing things to empower their teams to reimagine what’s possible in their application environments.
Are you driving digital transformation in your organization? Learn more about AppDynamics Agents of Transformation.
At our one-of-a-kind virtual event, AppDynamics Transform 2020, we shared the experience and insights of a few more thought leaders from disruptive companies — namely, at the intersection of application performance monitoring (APM), AI, cloud, and machine learning. It’s now available on-demand and an unmissable opportunity to learn from the experts about what it will take to make this year your company’s year.