Be you. Belong.
Diversity and Inclusion @AppDynamics
We at AppDynamics know that more diverse teams drive the best innovations and greatest business impact. It is the inclusive culture created by everyone collaborating that results in success. With these truths in mind, we strive to be a leader in attracting, retaining and developing diversity in the workplace and fostering an inclusive working environment.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We appreciate and celebrate differences, and believe a diverse workforce benefits our employees, products and customers.
Meet Elise Leung
General Counsel and “Belong” Leader
"We want everyone at AppDynamics to have an exceptional employee experience and that starts by fostering a diverse workforce where everyone feels that they belong. I believe that employees who feel a true sense of belonging -- starting with an inclusive environment where all employees feel safe to express their opinions and know that their ideas will be heard and recognized -- are driven to be more engaged which in turn leads to extraordinary growth opportunities."
AppD Welcomes Diversity
Inside AppDynamics we have diverse communities where employees can connect, collaborate and thrive.
We embrace, encourage, and celebrate diversity, in whatever form it may take. All are welcome at AppD because diversity powers our innovation.
Pride @AppD strives to be a Champion for all LGBQTIA+ employees and allies by fostering a positive and fun work environment. We are transformative agents who celebrate our diversity knowing that we are better together.
Here are some ways we support Pride @AppD:
- Engage in outreach: assist in LGBQTIA+ events in the tech community
- Out4U Conference and Career Fair
- Provide an inclusive community for LGBTQIA+ individuals at AppDynamics (find/connect peers and allies)
- Sponsors of SF Pride (with Cisco)
Women @AppD is one of the first employee resource groups created at AppDynamics. The group strives to make AppDynamics a leader in attracting, retaining and developing women in the workplace. Currently, Women@AppD is focused on driving programs to develop and support women at AppDynamics and bring awareness to all employees about issues impacting women in the workplace.
Here are some ways we support Women @AppD:
- Circles Program (modeled after Lean In Circles)
- Ladies Who Power Lunch (intimate lunch series with our female leadership)
- Executive Shadow program
- Women @AppD Speaker Series
- Advocacy and Representation
Inclusion @AppD is a group of employees passionate about fostering an inclusive work environment that attracts and retains diverse talent. The Inclusion@ team is currently focused on driving programs to increase diversity in AppDynamics’ talent pool and promote an inclusive workplace for all types of diversity.
Here are some ways we support Inclusion @AppD:
- Unconscious bias training
- Mentorship programs
- Diversity in hiring programs
- Campaigns to promote speaking up in the workplace
- Numerous employee resource groups through Cisco
- Crucial conversations training and more!
CAAN is one of ten employee resource organizations recognized at Cisco and supported by the Office of Inclusion & Collaboration. CAAN’s vision is to build a place where Asians are at their best for Cisco and the world.
How we participate:
- Giving back to the community in support of Cisco’s corporate social responsibility
- Celebrating Asian heritage holidays (Lunar New Year, Mid-Autumn Festival)
- Building relationships with external associations and companies
- Creating networking opportunities across the company to accelerate business
Early in Career Network
The Early in Career Network’s mission is to provide opportunities for employees early in their career to share their unique experiences and network under the pillars of Philanthropy, Professional Growth, Network Development, and Social Community.
We strive to ensure positive employee experiences for this community by highlighting growth opportunities and available professional resources.
Inclusion in the Community
Groups we proudly support:
- NASWA's Veteran's Conference
- STEM Awareness in Local Schools
- Sponsors of She’s Geeky
- When She Speaks
- The Grace Hopper Celebration
- Sponsorship of various University WiCSE Groups.
- MIT Women in EECS Tech Talk
- Will Reed Apprenticeship Sponsorship
"I want AppDynamics to be a truly safe space for our LGBTQIA+ employees to feel that they can bring their whole, true, BEST selves to work."
Jet Villacencio, Sr. Release Manager & Pride @AppD Lead