An AppDynamics extension for multi-tenant SAAS customers only to be used with a stand alone Java machine agent to integrate AppDynamic's controller events to PagerDuty.
This extension is for multi-tenant SAAS customers only. For on-prem pager duty extension visit here.
PagerDuty provides SaaS IT on-call schedule management, alerting and incident tracking. AppDynamics integrates directly with PagerDuty to create incidents in response to alerts.
With the PagerDuty integration you can leverage your existing alerting infrastructure to notify the operations team to resolve performance degradation.
- You should have a PagerDuty Service Key
1. Run "mvn clean install" and find the PagerdutySaasAlertExtension.zip file in the "target" folder. You can also download the PagerdutySaasAlertExtension.zip from [AppDynamics Exchange].
2. Unzip as "PagerdutySaasAlertExtension" and copy the "PagerdutySaasAlertExtension" directory to `<MACHINE_AGENT_HOME>/monitors`
Note : Please make sure to not use tab (\t) while editing yaml files. You may want to validate the yaml file using a yaml validator
1. Configure the AppDynamics SaaS settings namely userAccount,password,saasHost and PagerDuty's serviceKey in the config.yaml file in `<MACHINE_AGENT_HOME>/monitors/PagerdutySaasAlertExtension/`.
#AppDynamics user account information for the SAAS customer.
#Format is <appdynamics-username>@<appdynamics-account-name> userAccount: "" #AppDynamics password for SAAS customer password: "" #AppDynamics host for SAAS customer saasHost: "" #scheme used for REST AppD call (http/https) protocol: "https" applicationsUrlPath: "/controller/rest/applications" healthRuleViolationsUrlPath: "/controller/rest/applications/<#APP_ID#>/problems/healthrule-violations?time-range-type=BEFORE_NOW&duration-in-mins=<#POLLING_FREQ_IN_MINS#>&output=XML" eventsUrlPath: "/controller/rest/applications/<#APP_ID#>/events?time-range-type=BEFORE_NOW&duration-in-mins=<#POLLING_FREQ_IN_MINS#>&event-types=APPLICATION_ERROR,DIAGNOSTIC_SESSION&severities=ERROR&output=XML" # Interval in mins to pull the events from REST api. durationInMins: 1 #http timeouts in sec connectTimeout: 10 socketTimeout: 10 #PagerDuty config for the customer pagerDutyConfig: #PagerDuty Service Key serviceKey: "" #scheme used (http/https) protocol: "https" #PagerDuty url path host: "events.pagerduty.com" #PagerDuty url path urlPath: "/generic/2010-04-15/create_event.json" #http timeouts in sec connectTimeout: 10 socketTimeout: 10 #show appdynamics details in pagerduty alert showDetails: true
3. Configure the path to the config.yaml file by editing the <task-arguments> in the monitor.xml file in the `<MACHINE_AGENT_HOME>/monitors/PagerdutySaasAlertExtension/` directory. Below is the sample
<task-arguments> <!-- config file--> <argument name="config-file" is-required="true" default-value="monitors/PagerdutySaasAlertExtension/config.yaml" /> .... </task-arguments>
Always feel free to fork and contribute any changes directly via GitHub.
Find out more in the AppDynamics Exchange.
For any questions or feature request, please contact AppDynamics Center of Excellence.
1.0.0 - Release version
1.0.1 - Fixing bug in closing of events.
1.0.2 - Supporting non-health rule events.
1.0.3 - Updated Licenses.