AWS re:Invent 2020 Virtual Sweepstakes
As of November 30, 2020
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
This Promotion (the "Promotion") opens on December 1, 2020 at 12:30PM Pacific Time and ends on December 17, 2020 at 1:30PM Pacific Time, or if earlier, until there are no more available prizes (the "Promotion Period"). Entry into this Promotion is acceptance of these Official Rules. This Promotion is sponsored by AppDynamics LLC, 303 Second Street, North Tower, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107 ("Sponsor" or "AppDynamics").
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open to participants ("Participants" or “you”) who are age 18 years or older at the time of entry, and attend the AWS re:Invent 2020 AppDynamics Live Demo in the assigned Meetings Room located within the AppDynamics sponsor landing page as part of AWS re:Invent. This Promotion is not open to: (1) employees or internally contracted vendors of Sponsor or its parent/subsidiaries, agents and affiliates; (2) the immediate family members or members of the same household of any such employee or vendor; (3) anyone professionally involved in the development or administration of this Promotion; (4) employees or internally contracted vendors of governments and government-affiliated companies or organizations; or (5) any employee whose employer's guidelines or regulations do not allow entry in the Promotion or acceptance of the prize(s). This Promotion is not open to individuals in the province of Quebec in Canada. In addition, residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma) and Sudan are not eligible to participate. This Promotion is void in these countries and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Participants must: (1) visit the AppDynamics virtual sponsor landing page at AWS re:Invent 2020 and attend at least one of the AppDynamics Live Demo sessions during the Promotion Period (details on how to join an AppDynamics Live Demo session can be found below), (2) accurately and truthfully complete the registration form AppDynamics makes available during the live demo session; and (3) agree to the terms of these Official Rules. Registration form: AWS re:Invent 2020 Registration Form
As an alternative to the entry process described above, prospective Participants may enter the Promotion by sending an email with the Participant's name, telephone number, country of legal residence, email address and mailing address, and a request to be entered into the Promotion pursuant to these Official Rules, to Reece Poirier at email@example.com. Include the name of this Promotion in the subject header.
The AppDynamics Live Demo sessions may be accessed using the following instructions: (1) Visit the AppDynamics sponsor landing page at AWS re:Invent 2020 via https://virtual.awsevents.com/sponsor/186982683/AppDynamics
; (2) Click ‘Join Live Demo’ to open the live AppDynamics virtual meeting room
AppDynamics will host one Live Demo session at 12:30PM Pacific Time on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th, and 17th December 2020.
Limit one (1) entry per person per session. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account governing the email address was opened. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, and/or unintelligible entries, or for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Participants may encounter when submitting their entry. Only complete valid entries will be accepted. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Participants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. PRIZES. Subject to the terms of these Official Rules, once confirmed by Sponsor, the winner(s) will receive the following:
Demo Session Winner(s): A CoziRest Cooling Weighted Blanket Deluxe Set valued at US$99.97. A total of nine (9) prize winners will be selected to receive a CoziRest Cooling Weighted Blanket Deluxe Set during the Promotional Period.
Weekly Raffle Winner(s): An Apple Watch Series 6 and a 1-year subscription to Apple Fitness+ with approximate combined retail value (ARV) of US$479.99. A total of three (3) prize winners will receive an Apple Watch Series 6 and a 1-year subscription to Apple Fitness+ during the Promotional Period.
Each of the prizes includes shipping to the winning Participants within the USA only. Any winner(s) outside of the USA shall be responsible for the cost of shipping.
Limit one (1) prize per Participant. The approximate retail values are subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. Winners are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value (ARV) of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, assignment, transfer, or cash redemption of any prize is allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. If applicable, prizes may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s) and/or gift card(s) in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen prizes, cards or certificates after being awarded to winners. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S). All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period above will be entered into a random drawing where the winner will be selected by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. The Demo Session Winner drawing will be held at the end of each demo session during the Promotion Period. The Weekly Raffle Winner drawing will be held at the end of each week during the Promotion Period. Winners will be notified by phone, mail and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor’s decision will be final in all matters. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
At Sponsor’s discretion, the potential winner(s) may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release ("Release"). Unless restricted by law, the potential winner(s) receiving such a Release will be required to complete, sign and return it within the time period specified therein. The prize may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries if a potential winner: (a) cannot be reached; (b) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (c) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason.
5. CONDITIONS. This Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in the Promotion, Participants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding; and (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the potential winner; and the potential winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 or other tax documentation for the ARV of any awarded prize. By participating in the Promotion, all Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Sponsor’s directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Promotion (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and damage to property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Promotion, or their participation in the Promotion, or their participation in any Promotion or prize related activity. Each potential winner acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or the Promotion. Apart from manufacturer warranties (which may not be available in all geographies), all warranties are hereby disclaimed; and each potential winner will accept the Prize "AS IS." All costs and expenses, including support services, not specifically listed above as part of the prize, are solely the winner’s responsibility.
None of the Released Parties are responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the submission process or the Promotion; or (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
Use of any automated entry device or software is prohibited. Creation or use of multiple accounts for registration or participation in the Promotion is prohibited. To the extent the Promotion uses or requires functionality of any third party website (e.g., social media sites or platforms that enable broad communications, collaboration and/or posting of videos), you understand that the Promotion is not sponsored by such third parties, and further agree to follow the policies on such website(s), as applicable. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Promotion should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Promotion will be governed by the internal laws of California. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
All Participants are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, contractual limitations and/or office or company policies, if any, regarding Participant's participation in trade promotions or acceptance of promotional prizes; and by entering this Promotion, Participant confirms that he or she is not in violation of any of the foregoing and has obtained the consent of his or her employer to participate, if applicable. If a Participant selected as a winner is not permitted to accept any received prize, then the Participant may return such prize to AppDynamics; and AppDynamics will refund the cost of shipment, as appropriate.
Subject to applicable law, Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion, to (a) cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion and these Official Rules, for any reason, at any time and without any liability, and (b) limit or restrict participation in the Promotion, upon notice.
6. PUBLICITY. Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may use the Promotion for publicity, advertising or other marketing purposes in any media, and may use the name, likeness, and state of residence and/or prize information of potential winners as part of that publicity, without additional compensation to the potential winners.
7. COMPUTER, INTERNET, AND PROMOTION ADMINISTRATION. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. If Promotion is cancelled prior to the end date stated herein, for the reasons stated above, notice will be posted on the Promotion website; and the Prizes may in Sponsor’s discretion be awarded to potential winners to be selected in a random drawing from among all the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries received up until the time of modification or cancellation.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS' LIST. For a copy of these Official Rules or the names of winners, please send your request to Reece Poirier via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners list to be available approximately ten days after the Promotion Period.
* * *