What You Will Learn In the Browser Real-User & Synthetic Monitoring Course
AppDynamics End-User Monitoring (EUM) provides end-to-end visibility on the performance of your web applications. This half-day course covers Browser Real-User Monitoring (BRUM) and Browser Synthetic Monitoring. Learn the major capabilities from basic usage and troubleshooting to advanced configuration and custom data. Examine and troubleshoot web-browser page requests and self-generated synthetic transactions from AppDynamics servers across the world.
This course includes lab exercises that allow you to gather and analyze information about your browser and mobile users and their journey through your website as well as troubleshoot issues on a live system.
You will learn how to connect web application performance to your Real-Users’ behavior or experience and troubleshoot both network issues as well as server issues. You can link directly to correlated APM snapshots, allowing for true end-to-end analysis.
Explanations of topics are followed by demos and hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the uses and benefits of browser real user monitoring and synthetic monitoring
- Navigate the Controller UI to monitor performance and identify issues
- Determine if slow performance issues are on the network or server side
- Troubleshoot using snapshots and identify when and how to access correlated APM Business Transactions (BTs) for additional analysis
- Use session data to view and analyze the customers’ journeys through your website
- Configure page naming/identification rules
- Gather information about your browser users to optimize the user experience
- Adjust default thresholds that define slow and very slow user experience
Who is this course for?
This half-day course is for users who want valuable insight into their customers’ journeys through their websites. These users can include application owners or belong to development, operations, devops, test/QA or application monitoring teams. Before taking this course, we require completing one of the role-based AppDynamics learning tracks (Developers, Operators, or Power Users), to be sure you familiar with the AppDynamics controller UI and features..
Browser Real-User & Synthetic Monitoring Course Agenda
Introduction to End-User Monitoring
BRUM - Overview
BRUM - What We Monitor
BRUM - Basic Usage & Troubleshooting
BRUM - Advanced Configuration & Custom Data
Synthetic Jobs, On-Demand Snapshots & Alerts