2 AppDynamics Courses for Developers
Learn to Identify the fundamental components of the AppDynamics Architecture and explain how Transaction Snapshots work, how metrics are captured and utilized, and what Business Transaction detection can do for your business.
What You Will Learn In the Developer Track
The Developer Track instructs developers on how to best correlate the performance issues identified by AppDynamics back to the offending code segments. Through presentations, workshop discussions, interactive demonstrations and hands-on class practice labs, you gain the skills to speedily identify many different types of coding issues. You then leverage best practices and insights into the art of analyzing metrics and use this analysis to improve code performance during development.
The AppDynamics platform allows full monitoring of app performance and delivers instant insights into specific code segments which compromise that performance. AppDynamics Developer Learning Track will put actionable metrics at developer fingertips, so you can optimize and improve apps faster. App performance management can inform every facet of your app development and maintenance cycles, and these courses will facilitate your adoption of the best tools, platforms, and practices.
The Track culminates with a final module that ties everything together by exploring the company's AppDynamics Controller (not included in public offerings), as well as the demonstration of additional AppDynamics monitoring features.
- How to troubleshoot Business Transactions using flow maps, snapshots, metric browser, diagnostics sessions, and events
- How to extend your monitoring capability by using development monitoring mode, custom entry points, exit points, information points, data collectors, custom Business Transaction rules & custom transaction thresholds
- How to conduct more complex troubleshooting sessions to resolve common issues like: too many database calls, over-synchronization, intermittent problems, resource misuse, and memory leaks
- Use AppDynamics in a DevOps practice
- How to leverage additional AppDynamics monitoring features, including: Transaction Analytics, Log Analytics, Database Monitoring
Who is this course for?
It's simple: The Developer Learning Track is for developers, full stop. The AppDynamics application performance management platform enables developers to look closely at app performance, so they can find relevant trouble spots, and then points them to the code segments responsible for performance issues, saving valuable troubleshooting time. In our Learning Track, hands-on labs link theory to practice and make sure you leave the training with the ability to use AppDynamics to the fullest.
The track covers everything in AppDynamics that developers need to know. In this track, developers get their minds around using the tool for troubleshooting and monitoring, and will get a chance to go hands-on with the AppDynamics Controller to explore actual features of implementation.
Troubleshooting is a main focus, from basic features of the AppDynamics platform like snapshots to complex sessions like excessive database calls, over-synchronization, memory links, and intermittent problems.
For private courses, explore your company's AppDynamics Controller configuration, with a guided tour of implementation features discussed during the course (not included in public offerings)
For public courses, explore the AppDynamics Controller with a sample application with a guided tour of implementation features discussed during the course (not included in public offerings)
Developer Track Agenda
- Topic 1 Application-Tier-Node
- Topic 2 Business Transactions
- Topic 3 Transaction Snapshots
- Topic 4 Application Architecture
- Topic 5 Metrics
- Topic 6 Business Transaction Management
Diagnostics & Troubleshooting Course
- Topic 1 Service Endpoints
- Topic 2 Health Rules
- Topic 3 Diagnostic Sessions
- Topic 4 Development Mode
- Topic 5 Events
- Topic 6 Errors
- Topic 7 Troubleshooting Error Transactions
- Topic 8 Troubleshooting Node Level Issues
Data Visibility Course
- Topic 1 Transaction and Backend Detection
- Topic 2 Information Points
- Topic 3 Data Collectors
- Topic 4 JMX Visibility
- Topic 5 Monitor Windows Performance Counters
Dashboards, Reports & Proactive Monitoring Course
- Topic 1 Custom Dashboards
- Topic 2 Troubleshooting War Room
- Topic 3 Reports
- Topic 4 Policies, Actions, & Runbook Automation