What you will learn in the Implementer Track
The Implementer Track consists of a prerequisite Power User Track and a Workshop. In the Power User Track, which provides the essential knowledge of AppDynamics necessary to move on to installing the platform, you’ll start with basic navigation, and quickly begin tackling more complex AppDynamics configuration and troubleshooting topics. After completing the Power User track, you’ll have a solid understanding of the AppDynamics platform and how to configure and customize the monitoring settings as well as troubleshoot many performance issues. Learn more about the Power Users Track.
The rest of the Implementer Track is geared to prepare you for implementing, administering, upgrading, and troubleshooting the full AppDynamics platform in the real world. After attending our Implementer Foundations Workshop you will put this knowledge to use in real world environments and gain the valuable field experience necessary to prepare you for one of our AppDynamics Implementer Certification exams.
This track is designed for Architects, Administrators, Consultants, and Engineers. who will install, administer and upgrade the AppDynamics platform.
6 Courses + Workshop
Learn to Identify the fundamental components of the AppDynamics Architecture and explain how Transaction Snapshots work, how metrics are captured and utilized, and what Business Transaction detection can do for your business.
Implementer Foundations Workshop
The five day Implementer Foundations Workshop is designed for IT professionals who deploy AppDynamics technologies in on-premises enterprise environments. Using a hands-on case-based format, students install and upgrade the AppDynamics platform.
Implementer Track Course Agenda
- Topic 1 AppDynamics Overview
- Topic 2 Application-Tier-Node
- Topic 3 Business Transactions
- Topic 4 Transaction Snapshots
- Topic 5 Architecture Overview, Metrics, & Baselines
- Topic 6 Explore Transaction and Backend Detection
Diagnostics & Troubleshooting Fundamentals Course
- Topic 1 Service Endpoints
- Topic 2 Diagnostic Sessions
- Topic 3 Health Rules and Events
- Topic 4 Errors
- Topic 5 Troubleshooting Node-Level Issues
- Topic 6 Custom Dashboards
- Topic 7 Troubleshooting War Room
Detecting & Managing Transactions Course
- Topic 1 Business Transaction Management
- Topic 2 Configure Service Endpoints
- Topic 3 Configure Transaction and Backend Detection
- Topic 4 Configure Information Points
- Topic 5 Configure Health Rules
Code Instrumentation & Visibility Course
- Topic 1 Development Mode
- Topic 2 Creating a Baseline
- Topic 3 JMX Visibility
- Topic 4 Monitor Windows Performance Counters
- Topic 5 Configure Data Collectors
- Topic 6 Application Architecture – Roles and Security
Troubleshooting Techniques Course
- Topic 1 Troubleshooting
- Topic 2 Too Many/Slow Database Calls
- Topic 3 Over Synchronization
- Topic 4 Resource Misuse
- Topic 5 Memory Management
- Topic 6 MVC/WebAPI Transactions - .NET only
Reports & Proactive Monitoring Course
- Topic 1 Reports
- Topic 2 Policies, Actions, & Runbook Automation
- Topic 3 Explore AppDynamics
Implementer Foundations Workshop Topics
1 — Installing the AppDynamics Controller
The purpose of this module is to provide students with intimate knowledge of installing and administering the Controller.
2 — Installing the Application and Machine Agents
The purpose of this module is to provide a high level overview of agent architecture and the specifics about installing agents.
3 — Architecture and Events Service
The purpose of this module is to give an architect’s eye view of the whole platform, before dropping down to look in more detail at the Events Service.
4 — End User Monitoring: Analytics, DBMon and EUM
The purpose of this module is to provide a broad understanding of AppDynamics Analytics, database monitoring and end user monitoring functionality as well as install and validate the Analytics agent and DBMon agent.
5 — Upgrade AppDynamics Platform 4.2 - 4.3
The purpose of this module is to provide a broad understanding of the process of upgrading AppDynamics using as an example upgrading from 4.2 - 4.3.
6 — Extensions and Verifications
The purpose of this module is to provide a broad understanding of High Availability (HA), the use of Extensions in AppDynamics, as well as how certain Extensions may be utilized to support platform self-monitoring (which will be explained in detail).