What You Will Learn In the Mobile Real-User Monitoring Course
AppDynamics End-User Monitoring (EUM) provides end-to-end visibility on the performance of your web and mobile applications. This half-day course covers Mobile Real-User Monitoring (MRUM). Learn the major capabilities from monitoring overall performance and usage statistics to tracking the performance of individual request types and identifying emerging issues. Investigate crash trends as well as individual crashes with detailed snapshot information, including a stack trace.
You will learn how to connect mobile application performance to your Real-Users’ behavior or experience and troubleshoot both network issues as well as server issues. You can link directly to correlated APM snapshots, allowing for true end-to-end analysis.
Explanations of topics are followed by demos and hands-on labs. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the uses and benefits of mobile real-user monitoring (Mobile RUM)
- Monitor mobile app performance and identify issues
- Configure network request naming rules
- Analyze the sources of your mobile network requests
- Use sessions data to learn about your users’ experience
- Troubleshoot slow network requests and crashes using snapshots and session data
- Identify how custom data can provide additional insight into how your application is performing for your users
- Trigger an alert when app crashes exceed a threshold
Who is this course for?
This half-day course is for users who want valuable insight into their customers’ journeys through their mobile apps. These users can include application owners or belong to development, operations, devops, test/QA or application monitoring teams.
Before taking this course, we require completing one of the role-based AppDynamics learning tracks (Developers, Operators, or Power Users), to be sure you familiar with the AppDynamics controller UI and features.
Mobile Real-User Monitoring Course Topics
Introduction to End-User Monitoring
MRUM - Overview
MRUM - Performance Overview
Mobile Network Requests
Custom Data and Smart Alerts