2 AppDynamics Courses for IT Operators
Learn to identify the fundamental components of the AppDynamics Architecture and explain how Transaction Snapshots work, how metrics are captured and utilized, and what Business Transaction detection can do for your business.
What you will learn in the Operator Track
This track covers the fundamental functions of AppDynamics, optimized for the role of Operators. If you are an Operator who monitors production environments to achieve optimum performance of your applications, this is the course for you. Using a hands-on approach, you will dive into topics such as monitoring overall application health and troubleshooting server, hardware and Business Transaction problems.
While the operator role does not include most AppDynamics configuration scenarios, the class will teach you when it is desirable to request certain types of configuration changes to improve visibility and how to use the resulting features for monitoring once they are implemented. The course wraps up with a final module that ties everything together by exploring the company's AppDynamics Controller (not included in public offerings), as well as the demonstration of extra AppDynamics monitoring features. This course does not cover configuration of AppDynamics; it is purely an overview of the AppDynamics platform as set up by the AppDynamics administrators.
The Operator Learning Tracks focus is monitoring overall app health and troubleshooting issues with your business transactions, hardware, and servers. They provide a full grounding in using AppDynamics, including available configuration changes that can be requested, which can give enhanced insights into performance, new features, and extended monitoring opportunities.
- How to troubleshoot Business Transactions using flow maps, snapshots, metric browser, diagnostics sessions, and events
- How to request and use custom configurations for troubleshooting, such as custom entry points, exit points, information points, data collectors, custom Business Transaction rules, and custom transaction thresholds
- How to use AppDynamics in a DevOps practice
- How to leverage additional AppDynamics monitoring features, including: Transaction Analytics, Log Analytics, Database Monitoring
Who is this course for?
This track is designed for operators, first and second level support and end users who need to successfully monitor enterprise applications. When your app isn't functioning optimally, neither is your business. AppDynamics lets you connect the dots between app performance and the performance of your business. Monitoring apps and tuning them has real business value, and these trainings show your team how to unlock this value. Turn your enterprise infrastructure into an integral component of the business. Use your apps to create value from engaged customers to loyal users. Take an operator track and move to data-driven troubleshooting. The foundational data your operators get can inform your entire enterprise, helping shape strategy, development cadences, and more.
Operator trainings are built around hands-on experiences with the AppDynamics platform, including the AppDynamics Controller. This one-day course has a singular focus on using one completely integrated platform to unify monitoring efforts. End-to-end application monitoring with AppDynamics is the keystone of operator trainings.
For private courses: explore your company's AppDynamics Controller configuration, with a guided tour of implementation features discussed during the course (not included in public offerings)For public courses: explore the AppDynamics Controller in a sample application, with a guided tour of implementation features discussed during the course (not included in public offerings)
Operator Track Agenda
- Topic 1 AppDynamics Overview
- Topic 2 Application-Tier-Node
- Topic 3 Business Transactions
- Topic 4 Transaction Snapshots
- Topic 5 Architecture Overview, Metrics, & Baselines
- Topic 6 Explore Transaction and Backend Detection
Diagnostics & Troubleshooting Fundamentals Course
- Topic 1 Service Endpoints
- Topic 2 Diagnostic Sessions
- Topic 3 Health Rules and Events
- Topic 4 Errors
- Topic 5 Troubleshooting Node-Level Issues
- Topic 6 Custom Dashboards
- Topic 7 Troubleshooting War Room