AppDynamics Diversity, Equity, and InclusionBe You, With Us!
We at AppDynamics know that more diverse teams drive the best innovations and greatest business impact. It is the inclusive culture created by everyone collaborating that results in success. With these truths in mind, we strive to be a leader in attracting, retaining and developing diversity in the workplace and fostering an inclusive working environment.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We appreciate and celebrate differences, and believe a diverse workforce benefits our employees, products and customers.
AppD Cares is a Community Engagement and Social Impact program committed to helping people and vulnerable communities. We have a responsibility to bridge the widening gap of inequality, intolerance and injustice we have in the world today. We focus our global support where we can make the biggest impact and where our employees are most passionate - critical human needs; specifically food & housing insecurity, social justice, economic empowerment, and access to education in underserved communities.
AppD Cares philosophy
How we show up means everything. If you see someone who needs a hand, lend it. If you hear someone is struggling, ask how you can help. If you know you can make a difference in someone’s day, do what you can. Be kinder than necessary and power an inclusive future for all.
We cultivate an inclusive environment where Black Associates can show up authentically and bring our whole selves to work.
Our programs provide an opportunity for connection, community, development, and advancement.
We support the realization of the vision of AppD to be a leader in attracting, retaining, and developing diversity in the workplace.
We Act as a voice of Black Associate Experience and an accountability partner to actions taken by AppD to improve the Black experience.
Some of the Black@ AppD programs to support this mission are as follows:
- • Multiplier Effect program to increase the number of Sponsored Black Employees
- • McKinsey Management Accelerator Program Participation for member development
- • Participation in hiring panels and HBCU recruitment in support of inclusive hiring
- • Reverse Mentoring program pairing members as mentors to Executive mentees
- • Regular community meetings and small coffee chats to foster connection
Pride@ AppD strives to be a Champion for all LGBQTIA+ employees and allies by fostering a positive and fun work environment. We are transformative agents who celebrate our diversity knowing that we are better together.
Here are some ways we support Pride@ AppD:
- • Networking opportunities with other LGBTQIA+ employee resource groups at other companies
- • Fostering an inclusive work environment for LGBTQIA+ employees and allies
- • Sponsors of Out & Equal, Lesbians Who Tech, and SF Pride (with Cisco)
Unity@ AppD was created to connect, support, and represent AppD’s underrepresented groups. We are advocates, champions, allies, and community builders of underrepresented minorities at AppDynamics and we are passionate about advancing our company’s dialogue and progress on diversity and inclusion strategies, policies, and issues. We bring diverse perspectives, voices, and skills to the table and are committed to bettering our workplace and each other by growing and sharing our collective influence.
Womxn@ AppD strives to make AppDynamics a leader in attracting, retaining and developing womxn in the workplace. Currently, Womxn@ AppD is focused on driving programs to develop and support womxn at AppDynamics and bring awareness to all employees about issues impacting womxn in the workplace.
Here are some ways we support Womxn@ AppD:
- • Circles Program - modeled after Lean In Circles Ladies Who Power Lunch - an intimate lunch series with our female leadership
- • Womxn@ AppD Events - providing talks from best-selling authors, former politicians, and executives on various topics ranging from finances to resilience and mental health
- • Conference sponsorships for the Grace Hopper Celebration, Watermark, Girl Geek X, Girls in Tech Catalyst, and Women Impact Tech.
- • Womxn in Product - a subgroup focused on supporting our Product and Engineering organizations
- • Womxn in Sales - a subgroup focused on programs within our Sales organization such as mentorship opportunities
- • Allies Program
Belong@ AppDynamics is AppD’s signature diversity, equity, and inclusion program. The Belong Team is a group of employees passionate about fostering an inclusive work environment that attracts and retains diverse talent. The team includes leaders of our ERGs and other critical DEI stakeholders.
Belong is a group of employees passionate about fostering an inclusive work environment that attracts and retains diverse talent. The Belong team is currently focused on driving programs to increase diversity in AppDynamics’ talent pool and promote an inclusive workplace for all types of diversity.
Here are some ways we support Belong:
- Unconscious bias training
- Diversity in hiring programs
- Campaigns to promote speaking up in the workplace
- Numerous employee resource groups throughout Cisco
- Crucial conversations training and more!
"I want AppDynamics to be a truly safe space for our LGBTQIA+ employees to feel that they can bring their whole, true, BEST selves to work."
Sr. Release Manager & Pride @ AppD Lead