AppDynamics Brings Big Data Science to Application Performance Management
Summer ‘14 Release Delivers New Application Intelligence Platform to Meet Needs of the Most Complex Distributed Enterprise Application Deployments
SAN FRANCISCO – August 14, 2014 – AppDynamics, the application intelligence leader for the software-defined business, today announced the availability of the AppDynamics Summer ‘14 release. With this latest release AppDynamics brings sophisticated data visualizations and big data techniques for behavioral-learning and stream processing to the platform. Combined with the deepest and broadest support for collecting data from applications and infrastructure, this allows AppDynamics to monitor and manage ultra-large scale application deployments that generate large volume of business transactional data in real-time, detect patterns, and take action to improve application performance and optimize digital revenue streams. As the complexity and variety of large enterprise web and mobile applications grows, the Summer ‘14 release enables IT operations management (ITOM) and Operational Analytics professionals to pinpoint issues, fix them fast and Automate wherever possible, all whilst driving the business agenda.
“AppDynamics is the only APM solution in the market today that completely addresses the management challenges associated with large scale enterprise deployments. As the size and complexity of our customers’ applications continue to grow, we are uniquely positioned to simplify the challenges that are commonplace in ultra-large scale deployments,” said Jyoti Bansal, founder and CEO, AppDynamics. “With the AppDynamics Summer ‘14 Release, our Application Intelligence Platform embraces innovative big data techniques to power solutions that provide unprecedented support for the applications that business’ now depend on.”
“We use AppDynamics for tier one applications that deal with real-world problems like routing 911 calls and checking patients into hospitals – so it is imperative applications work 100 percent of the time. AppDynamics provides us exactly that peace of mind,” said Sid Roy, vice president operations and client support, Scicom Infrastructure Services. “We chose AppDynamics because of the product’s stability, robustness, low overhead and extremely quick time to value. It is a minimal-maintenance method to extract exactly the intelligence we need to keep our customers’ applications up and running.”
The AppDynamics Summer ‘14 Release improves the value delivered to development, operations and business teams by providing:
- Intuitive, powerful drill-down data visualization capabilities, a self-learning business transaction engine that automatically sorts business critical transactions, smart dashboards and advanced analytics.
- A newly architected big data platform with massively scalable big data infrastructure components such as Hadoop to handle large numbers of events, metrics and metadata.
- A deeper and broader set of data visibility and collection capabilities with support for new applications that leverage our Automatic Code Injection, and Dynamic Context Propagation techniques for end to end business transaction monitoring.
Together, these enhancements harness the power and value of big data management and visualization techniques to deliver to customers a single-pane-of-glass-view into the health of their digital business. This addresses the customer need for simple, intelligent insights and decision-making while hiding away all the underlying complexity associated with large and ultra-large scale deployments.
Jonah Kowall, research vice president at Gartner, in a recent report states, “Today's monitoring tools were built to handle yesterday's IT infrastructures. Today's environments require monitoring with architectures that can capture and analyze big data. IT operations professionals should implement tools that facilitate today's scale and tomorrow's analytical use cases.”
“As the leading provider of sales and marketing effectiveness solutions, CallidusCloud strives to improve our service level and customer experience constantly,” said Jimmy Duan, senior vice president and chief technology officer of CallidusCloud. “By leveraging AppDynamics’ application performance management solution, our R&D and SaaS operation teams will be able to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot issues more quickly.”
New and Enhanced Features of the Summer ‘14 Release Include:
- Self-aggregating flow maps that make complex architectures more manageable by condensing and de-condensing information to enable intelligent zooming in and out of application, tier, node, business transaction, and snapshot flow maps
- Self-organizing layouts that heuristically determine tier and node weightings based on millions of data points to elevate visibility of the business critical nodes and tiers
- A self-learning transaction engine that statistically analyzes historical as well as live execution data to surface those business transactions that critical to business performance
- Powerful smart dashboards that eliminate huge amounts of manual work by auto-generating based on node or tier characteristics and patterns
- Easy, drag-and-drop correlation analysis of any two metrics across any given time range, allowing IT Operations teams to quickly identify cause and effect of metric fluctuations over time
- A new infinitely scalable event service that provides a single store for all events generated by ultra-large scale application deployments
- A new Hadoop-powered metrics service that does easy drill down and drill up of data for tier, application, and time series levels without any loss of granularity
- Real-time percentile metrics that dynamically baselines application performance and alerts based on outliers from a historical perspective that is sensitive to the time of day
- Application performance monitoring support for Java 8 that enables monitoring of Java 8 and Scala application features such as lambda expressions and parallel operations
- Industry’s first distributed transaction monitoring for Node.js applications that allows monitoring of transactions spanning Node.js, Java, .NET, and PHP application tiers.
- Beta support for C++ SDK that delivers native visibility and code-level drill down by allowing native instrumentation of C++ applications
- Industry’s first capability for monitoring asynchronous transactions in .NET applications
- Updates and enhancements to the strong ecosystem that offers more than one hundred extensions
For more details about today’s news please read the AppDynamics blog here.
Tweet this: #AppDynamics launches Summer ‘14 Release; updates include enhanced visualization tools http://goo.gl/mT5lYA
For regular news and information about AppDynamics and the APM market, like and follow the company on:
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. AppDynamics’ integrated suite of applications is built on its innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables its customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing and optimizing complex application environments at scale.
AppDynamics reserves the right to change any planned features at any time before making them generally available as well as never making them generally available. Any buying decisions should be made based on features that are currently generally available.
AppDynamics is a registered trademark of AppDynamics, Inc. © 2008-2018 AppDynamics, Inc. All rights reserved. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.