Java Application Performance Monitoring
Ensure end-to-end performance of distributed Java applications with insights in the context of your most crucial business metrics
Monitor end-to-end Java application performance, with a focus on business transactions, in the most complex and distributed environments. Rapidly identify issues to maintain an ideal user experience for any Java application running on-premises or in cloud.
Tie Java application dependencies to business results
- Automatically discover java application topology and JVM dependencies, and trace key business transactions based on production application behavior
- Visualize and prioritize the performance of related business transactions — not just the health of the application and infrastructure nodes
Monitor JVM health and performance
- Understand the health of your JVM with key Java tuning and profiling metrics, including: response times, throughput, exception rate, garbage collection time, code deadlocks, and more
- Correlate application metrics with key host server health metrics such as CPU, memory, and disk I/O – all within the same UI
Automatically baseline performance to alert and address emerging issues in context of Business Transactions
- Know your performance in the context of auto-generated dynamic baselines
- Integrated with incidents and alerting systems ServiceNow, PagerDuty, and Jira
Quickly isolate and resolve production java application performance issues at code-level depth with minimal overhead
- Leverage Smart Code Instrumentation to enable in-depth monitoring of production apps without making configuration changes
- Monitor every transaction but intelligently capture details of only the anomalous transactions, making the platform scale to meet the demands of large enterprises
Enhance Dev & Ops collaboration with role-based views and Virtual War Room
- Leverage the DevOps Virtual War Room capability to enable everyone to collaborate and troubleshoot while sharing the same performance data
- Avoid tedious manual steps with Runbook Automation by automatically capturing snapshots and resolving performance issues as they are developing
Maximize the visibility and control of cloud application with deep support for key IaaS/PaaS platform
- Enhanced visibility into applications deployed in cloud and on-premises and monitor the business transactions across the distributed applications
- Quick time to value by Java monitoring applications developed and deployed in key IaaS/PaaS platforms, including, Amazon Web Services, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Redhat OpenShift
"It was simple to deploy. It took minutes, literally. On our first proof-of-concept, we saw results within an hour. "Eric Poon
Director of Operations Analytics, Nasdaq
What Is Application Performance Monitoring?
Responsible for the performance of your enterprise’s IT operations? Read this guide to find out if you could benefit from application performance monitoring (APM).
The Journey to Observability
How early adopters are reaping the benefits of enhanced visibility across the IT environment
This eBook looks at how APM is evolving to handle new challenges in IT. These include breaking monolithic applications into microservices, containers, the transition to mobility and the increased use of APIs to connect systems, data analytics, visualizations and the cloud.
How AppDynamics works
The AppDynamics Business Observability Platform gives you a powerful view into the performance of your entire stack through the lens of your business. Here’s how we do it.