This article originally appeared on APMDigest.com
In addition to our predictions on APMdigest’s list of 15 Predictions for 2015, AppDynamics offers some additional predictions:
1. In 2014, we continued to see the rapid ascent of a new generation of APM company that is leveraging big data, cloud, SOA, analytics and Agile technologies to out-innovate the solutions provided by legacy APM providers. We will see more of this in 2015 with many older companies going private due to their inability to compete with younger, more innovative companies and the way in which these legacy providers are structured internally.
2. Mobile APM as a standalone application will no longer exist in 2015. Businesses will realize the importance of reliance on backend infrastructure, which will necessitate end-to-end visibility across all of their applications from one comprehensive APM solution.
3. The gap between business analytics and IT analytics is quickly narrowing. In 2015, software analytics and business analytics will be viewed as one and the same and as a critical piece of business intelligence from stakeholders on both sides of the equation.
4. APM is not a new space, but is changing rapidly with the ever-changing design and delivery of software. Old APM solutions cannot keep up with upgraded applications and the amount of distributed infrastructure required by new applications. In 2015, companies that do not apply a modern APM solution by year’s end will be severely hindered and fall behind their competitors.
5. Shop Direct’s CEO commented this year that 50% of the company’s consumers viewed its site through a mobile device, but in 2015 100% of their customers will test content through their mobile app. 2015 will be do or die in terms of mobile. Mobile channels are exploding and businesses need to get the mobile experience right this year — not just one time, but on an ongoing basis with the right kind of APM tools.